Training Tip: Start HydratedComments are off
Reaching new goals begins before you lace up your shoes, but with a little proactive hydration, you can hit the ground running. To proactively hydrate, it’s important to drink fluids regularly throughout the day, rather than waiting until you feel thirsty.
- Start your day with 8 ounces of water.Yep, even before your morning coffee!
- Electrolytes are often thought of for exercise occasions only, but electrolytes help you better absorb the water you’re drinking throughout the day.
- Try adding Nuun Sport to your water throughout the day!
- Always keep a water bottle with you and make a point to take regular sips from it throughout the day.
- Set reminders for yourself to drink fluids, such as an alarm on your phone or a note on your calendar.
- Try to incorporate fluids into your meals and snacks, such as drinking a glass of water with each meal or choosing fruits and vegetables that have a high water content.
Nuun Hydration is proud to be the on-course Hydration Sponsor of the Christie Clinic Illinois Race Weekend.