Registration for the Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon’s Criss-Cross Virtual Challenge is OPEN!
- 25-week challenge—November 5 to May 1
- Virtually run/walk through the state of Illinois
- North-to-South route (South Beloit, IL, to Cairo, IL—435 miles)
- West-to-East route (East Hannibal, IL, to the Illinois/Indian border—224 miles)
- Both routes, aka the “Double” (224 miles + 435 miles)
- SOLO registration or TEAM registration of up to 10 people
- Entrants post their runs and walks on the virtual challenge results platform and see their progress/team’s progress on the Leaderboard. Map is Google-enabled.
- Functional and high-quality race swag. All entrants receive a winter-style beanie hat; C-U themed, 4-ply face mask; Brooks technical shirt; and a Challenge Coin
- Companion Criss-Cross Virtual Challenge Guidebook shares fascinating facts and information about every town and city along the N-S and W-E routes (over 100 profiles)
- Free monthly webinars
How do TEAMS work?
A Criss-Cross team can have up to 10 members and completes the West-to-East, North-to-South, or Double route by combining all the miles run and walked by the team members over the 25 weeks. A TEAM captain registers him/herself first and pays for the number of people that will be on the team, and creates a team name password for the team. The individual team members then register themselves, using the team name and password the captain has created to complete their registration. No additional money is collected. The TEAM captain posts the runs and walks on the virtual challenge results platform, but every team member has access to the results so they can see how the team is doing. Teams that want to complete the DOUBLE (224 miles + 435 miles) need to email Jan Seeley at director@illinoismarathon for special registration instructions.
Do I travel to all the towns on the routes and complete my runs/walks there?
No, not at all. You do all your running and walking WHEREVER you live, then you post those outings on the virtual challenge results platform and see your progress along the route (the route is like a board game, and you are a game “piece” that moves along the route as you complete and post all your runs and walk).
Functional and high-quality race swag
All entrants receive a winter-style beanie hat; C-U themed, 4-ply face mask; Brooks technical shirt; and a Challenge Coin.
Every run and walk you do, whether it is inside, outside, on roads, trails, or treadmills, it all counts toward your goal.
- $45 for the West-to-East route (solo entrant or per person on teams)
- $55 for the North-to-South route (solo entrant or per person on teams)
- $65 for the Doublers, who complete both routes (solo entrant or per person on teams)
Visit https://illinoismarathon.com/races/criss-cross-virtual-challenge/to come for more information.
If you have any questions, contact co-director Jan Seeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217/372-1444.